Tibet Travel Permits
There are two different permits required to travel to Tibet
- The entry permit (TTB permit, equivalent of a visa for Tibet, required to enter Tibet region of China . A Chinese visa and Tibet entry permit are both required to enter Tibet ) . You need to show this to the authorities in airport or surface entry points .
- The Alien travel permit (PSB permit) which is required to travel restricted areas in Tibet . In practice you need PSB permit to travel any regions outside Lhasa . Different PSB permits are required to travel to different parts of Tibet . PSB permits are issued by local police authorities called Public Security Bureau ( PSB ) .
How to get the travel permits?
You send us the following details exactly as in your passport at least 15 days before the trip date .
1) Your full name;
2) Your gender;
3) Your date of birth;
4) Your passport number;
5) Your nationality
6) Your profession
Or simply send us a clear scan copy of your passport .
Please note that mentioning your true profession is important as journalists , government officials, political personnel and diplomats may require more complicated procedures in order to be issued a permit. We do not process for them nor we would be liable if travel permits are not issued at the last moment because you belong to this category of profession but do not inform us in time . Please note that neither we nor any travel agency will / can sell “permit-only” service. One must buy the tour package to obtain it .
Important points to be noted:
- Tibet travel permits may be acquired through a travel agency, except by the following groups of people: diplomats, journalists, and government officials; who should contact the Foreign Affairs Office of the Tibetan Government in order to arrange a permit.
- Tibet travel permit is required to buy the air tickets, at the airport check-in counter while checking in for the flights and at the Lhasa airport or surface entry point .
- Once in Tibet, your tour guide is supposed to retain your permit. You may not carry it on your person, or travel within Tibet with it in your possession. The Alien Travel Permit is required for travel outside of Lhasa.
Our Top Offers
Buddhist Pilgrimage TourLord Buddha was born in the western Nepal. This is the place belongs… Read More
Hindu pilgrimage ToursHindu pilgrimage package tour is a perfect Tours package to be spent in… Read More
Kathmandu Valley TourNepal is steeped in numerous legends, myths and folklore that are entwined… Read More