Kathmandu and Dharan
About The Trip
Dharan is a situated right at the foot of hills, but the transformation when coming from Terai is dramatic. Dharan is the famous for the Buda Subba temple. The bamboo trees found in the budhasubba temple area don’t have the top end portions. Young girls and boys believe that if they tie a colorful string (mala) in the bamboo trees and write their name in pair, they will live together forever. It is a hill town with hill people. Dharan is also the gateway to such towns in eastern hills as Dhankuta which are being developed as regional center for the whole area. Rais and Limbus from eastern Nepal used to constitute the major portion of Gurkha soldiers. Dharan is now a bustling bazaar town that has grown rapidly. Temples of Dhantakali, Buda Subba and Singha Bahini in Dharan are unique and famous.
- Itinerary Details
- Cost Included/Excluded
- Photo Gallery
Day 01: Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m)
On arrival at Kathmandu airport, you will be greeted by Natural Tours representative and promptly transferred to your designated hotel. After checking in at the hotel, you can either take a break or hang around in the city premises depending on your interest and time constraint. In the evening, there will be a pre-trip discussion, and a concise introduction with your tour guide. Here you have all opportunities to ask questions related to the tour program. Overnight stay arrangements at a designated hotel.
Day 2: Flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar & drive to Dharan (Sightseeing in Dharan)
After breakfast our representative will take you to Tribhuwan International Airport to catch the first flight to Biratnagar. We will drive you from Biratnagar airport to Dharan (about one hour drive). After lunch at Dharan, we will see the famous Dantakali temple the Budha Subba temple where the bamboo plants do not have the top part and also no crows are seen around the area. In the evening time, we visit Raja Rani Lake and YalambarPark and later loiter around BhanuChowk for some shopping. Overnight stay at hotel in Dharan, Dantakali temple: The holy temple of Dantakali is famous among the Hindus as the place where lie the sacred teeth of the goddess Satidevi, the consort of the great god Mahadev. There is the popular belief that the temple still enshrines the sacred teeth.Budha Subba: is also the tomb of the lastLimbu King of Morang BuddhiKarnarayaKhebang. The bamboo trees found in the budhasubba temple area don’t have the top end portions. Young girls and boys believe that if they tie a colorful string (mala) in the bamboo trees and write their name in pair, they will live together forever.Raja Rani Lake: The place is calm and beautiful and very suitable for picnic. Also, boating on the lake is available. The strong winds blowing here make this place pretty cold, so, you might need a jacket and a cap.
Day 3: Drive toBhedetar, en route visit Dhankuta
After breakfast we drive uphill of about 17 km and stop for a while at Bhedetar aka SailungDanda, which is acool and rejuvenating hill station. A few minutes’ drive from Bhedetar, Namche is recognized by CNN as one of the top ten places to see. A 20 minute walk uphill takes you to this picturesque village that offers a perfect break from the hustle and bustle of the town. After lunch in Bhedetar, we drive further towards Dhankuta, transfer to hotel and overnight stay at hotel at bhedetar .
Bhedetar: There is a built-in tower often known as ‘Charles Tower’ which allows people to view the lush green landscapes, ‘Sapta Koshi’, the valley beneath and some mysteriously beautiful Hills. The place remains cool throughout the year.
Day 4: Exploring Dhankuta and nearby places
After early breakfast, we drive you to Hilewhich is about 13 km north from Dhankuta. After this we drive you to Pakhribas which is yet another 5 km from Hile. Here we see the two temples, churches and a Buddhist monastery. NaangiDanda is also one of the best tourist spots in Pakhribas for excursion. Lunch at Pakhribas We drive back to Dhankuta after the tour where we stay at the hotel overnight at dhankuta,
Hile: is a popular tourist destination to enjoy astounding scenery of surrounding Himalayas. Hile is a very attractive hilltop village in eastern Nepal and is also considered as a starting point for trekking trips to Kanchenjunga and Makalu regions.
Day5: Drive from Dhankuta to Biratnagar (flight to Kathmandu)
Today after breakfast we drive you to Biratnagar airport from where you will be flown to Kathmandu from where you will be transferred to your hotel. Lunch will be provided as per time and convenience. Overnight stay at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 6: Kathmandu sightseeing.
After breakfast we start the full day guided sightseeing of Hindu pilgrimage sites, visit Kathmandu pilgrimage spots (Pashupatinath Temple, Budanilkantha Temple, Dakshinkali&Swayambhunath). Lunch will be managed as per your requirement. After lunch we will visit the Narayanhiti Palace Museum. Overnight stay at Kathmandu hotel
Pashupatinath: is one of the most significant Hindu temples of Lord Shiva in the world, located on the banks of the Bagmati River in the eastern part of Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
Budanilkantha: In the village of Budanilkantha lies a 5 meter tall sleeping Vishnu (Jalasayana) in the middle of a small pond.
Narayanhiti Palace Museum: The royal palace was turned into a public museum immediately after the country was declared a republic. One can see the palace and understand the lifestyle of the former kings of Nepal. The crown jewels are considered to be among the most valuable objects in Nepal.
Day 7: Final Departure
Today our airport representative will make a departure transfer to the Kathmandu airport to board international flight for your onward destination
You may also like
- Nagarkot is by far from the most favoured hill station in the Kathmandu Valley. Nagrakot is a popular Tourist destination in Nepal. Nagarkot is situated 32 KM east of kathmandu at an altitude of 2175 masl. There are various places around the edge of…Read More
- Lord Buddha was born in the western Nepal. This is the place belongs definitely in the Buddhist pilgrimage Tours in Nepal, Lumbini is the most famous destination for visited. Buddha, An idol of peace and harmony all over the world since two millennium. King…Read More
- Cultural tolerance has been the quintessence of Nepalese way of life. Nepal remains one of the most peaceful multi-religions, multi-ethnic and multi- cultural countries in the world. Cultural is modal of behavior, which is a constant process of…Read More
- Festivals Tours in Nepal are very interesting. As there are hundreds of diverse festivals in Nepal, it has been called as the land of festivals which are a living part of cultural heritage. The official calendar adopted by the Bikram Sambat (B.S). The…Read More
- Hindu pilgrimage package tour is a perfect Tours package to be spent in Nepal. Hindu Pilgrimage Tour features the most popular and most fascinating destinations of Nepal and this is a perfect Tours package for Hindu people from all over the world.…Read More
- Nepal is steeped in numerous legends, myths and folklore that are entwined with different facets of Nepalese life. Every temples, shrine or sacred place throughout the Nation has some legend to define us. Nepal is called land of the Gods. The Kathmandu…Read More
- Kathmandu and Ilam Tours packages is the best dstination of the Nepal. Ilam is small hilly town with pristine landscapes of sloped tea gardens, thick natural forests, holy sites and unique culture. It offers excellent getaways from city life for romantic…Read More
- Kathmandu Heli Tour - Swayambhunath Stupa Kathmandu In the comfort of our helicopter you get to feast on the amazing aerial views of the cultural prides of Kathmandu valley; namely the Pashupatinath temple, Nagarkot, Swayambhunath temple, Kathmandu…Read More
- Honeymoon is the golden period of your married life, which undoubtedly needs to be cherished in a memorable way. This undoubtedly needs to be cherished in a memorable way to spend few days in the lap of the Nature with your beloved, is totally marvelous…Read More
Our Top Offers
Buddhist Pilgrimage TourLord Buddha was born in the western Nepal. This is the place belongs… Read More
Hindu pilgrimage ToursHindu pilgrimage package tour is a perfect Tours package to be spent in… Read More
Kathmandu Valley TourNepal is steeped in numerous legends, myths and folklore that are entwined… Read More